When checking out reception furniture to purchase, you must keep a number of things in mind. The reception area is where your visitors will develop their first impressions of your business so it is vitally important that you take the time in making your purchase. This means that even if you’re planning to purchase something like a small receptionist desk, you’ll still want to be sure it is the right fit for you.
A Large Variety of Office Reception Furniture
When shopping for reception office desk, you’re definitely not going to be lacking in selection. There is so much variety in lobby furniture, however, and you want to consider your options very carefully.
The foremost consideration you’ll want to take into account is the impression you want the desk to make. While it’s likely that you want something like a larger receptionist desk to exude a certain level of professionalism, having the right sized reception counter will go a long way in making your waiting area a real standout in the minds of your visitors.
You also need the right desk to function. Style is certainly important, but you should never sacrifice what the desk was designed to do in the first place. This means having the storage space for papers and files along with drawers and shelving to avoid the appearance of messiness.
A number of different aspects are going to ultimately make your decision for you. The size of the desk in relation to the waiting area is going to be a huge consideration. Among these considerations: you’ll want something that keeps in mind the rest of the office furniture such as office reception chairs and the ease of movement for staff and visitors.
All of these factors and others can determine the type of desk you ultimately purchase. In order to make sure you purchase the right desk for your specific needs, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the types of reception counters that are commonly in use for your type of business. For example, a medical office will have vastly different needs from a law office. There are several to choose from, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, its own size issues and basic features.
Reception Counter Shopping Tips
Once you know what your options are with waiting room furniture, choosing the right one becomes a considerably more straightforward:
- Modern designer: The type of wood used in this desk can vary (ash and oak veneer are two possibilities), but the casual elegance and style of these desks remains the same from one model to the next. You’ll likely find beams and aluminum legs with a desk such as this.
- Glass panel: At the heart of this is a wooden desk. However, the primary difference that separates it from the others is the fact that these desks feature glass paneling along the front and on the top.
- Modular: These desks are made from either wood or aluminum, and they tend to feature glass paneling. There is some degree of flexibility with this design.
- Low height: These desks are designed for interaction between the person behind the desk and the person who has come to the desk for information or assistance. It’s not uncommon by any means to find these types of desks in hotels, restaurants, and similar places.
- L-shape: Chances are, you’ve seen this type of desk in a school reception area. These desks allow for an individual to work and move comfortably, all the whole maintaining a strong degree of privacy from anyone who might approach them.
- U-shape: The design logic behind these types of desks points towards giving the desk a certain sense of richness, in terms of how people are likely to perceive it. One of the most appealing aspects to a desk like this is the way it allows for a lot of items to be left on the desk. If you’re planning to work in an office that’s going to be slammed with materials and demands, this is a type of desk you’re going to want to consider.
These are the reception counter types you’re likely to run into the most frequently. It’s important to match up what you’re going to need the desk for as well as the size of the room when choosing something that’s going to be useful to you.
Remember that shopping for waiting room furniture is one of the most important things you’re going to need to do for your office. Your shopping habits are going to be influenced by the type of office you’re shopping for, the level of professionalism you’re striving for, and what your staff is going to accomplish with the desk on a day-to-day basis. All of these things are important in equal amounts. While you never want to forget the fact that something like a reception office desk is going to be the first thing your visitors see, you don’t want to sacrifice functionality in any way, shape, or form.
Desk shopping can actually be enjoyable. The right kind of reception furniture can create a positive, productive atmosphere. When the desk matches your demands for style and function, everyone comes out a winner. This is a desk you’re going to use for quite some time, so it’s important to choose your furniture carefully.